Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Well?

I entered last weeks tournament because I wanted to win and get enough money to get myself a new bag for my clubs. I accomplished that goal, somewhat! The tournament was a two day event and after day one I was three behind the leader. I had a very good day of golf and shot an 80 at a par 72 course. It is good for me and pretty good for my flight. There was another gentleman that shot a 77? I was paired up with him and three other guys on the second day. Some guy shot an 82 and another an 84. I figured that I would only have to beat the one guy that shot a 77. I have no idea how he shot a 77 because he wasn't that good. I ended up beating him by one stroke on the second day (even though I did horrible on day 2) and the guy that shot an 82 the first day shot a 75 on the second day! He must have been sandbagging before the tournament because he said that the 82 he shot on day one was the first time this year that he had shot under 90 all year! Right....... And then you conveniently shoot a 75 to break 80 the very next day! Okay if you feel good about sand bagging then so be it. So, he won first place Gross which means before handicap is added in. I tied for first in the Net portion which is obviously after handicap is added in. I won the above trophy and $195 credit for the pro shop. The bag that I wanted was $199 so I wasn't too mad about paying the extra and the tax on top because the tournament was only $35.00. That is if I had to pay extra, when I went in to get the bag, the nice gentleman behind the desk said that we would just call it even. So I didn't have to pay the extra, what a nice guy right? I was very happy with my prize and with the results, but I wasn't happy with my golf on day two. I shot an 84 on day two. I guess I can't complain since I got what I wanted that being the new golf bag.

Triton's birthday was on the 22nd and we had a little party for him at Sheri's mom's. Pretty much everyone else had plans already or were out of town so his party was little this year. This is him getting ready to blow out the candles.


Big boy eating his cake, he must have liked it because he ate most of that piece you see here. What a cute boy he is.



Here is the little chubby cheeked boy opening presents. He is still cute even with cake crumbs all over his face.




Baby girl oblivious to what is going on around takes a little nap.
We got Triton a bike for his birthday but the one that he decided he wanted wasn't at the store so we are waiting for it to be delivered. He had a chance to go home with one from the store but he liked others better just from their small picture. Heck even now days if I have a chance to leave the store with something or wait for an order I leave the store with it! What a little "Big" boy he is to have the patience to wait. Happy Birthday Triton.

No comments: