Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 Years

Triton had his second birthday in June. We had it at the hotel where I work because it is just a lot easier and there is a pool for the kids. I invited a bunch of people. I invited those who I didn't think would come, and of course those who we knew would show. I invited those who we didn't think would come, not only to be nice, but because I like/love them. We had a BBQ with burgers and hotdogs, so it wasn't anything too special. If anything the food would entice people to show up, just to have a free lunch. I found out that a few family members were going to be out of town, so I kept inviting people. There were probably 10-12 people that showed that I didn't expect to show up. It was extra special though, of course Triton won't appreciate it, but I would like to tell all those who did show up, Thanks! I love you all, and wanted to express my gratitude for you being there this year! Sheri was a little upset that I didn't tell her that I invited so many people, but with the family and friends that we knew weren't going to be there, there wasn't but maybe 3 or 4 more people than we expected? So, what was the big deal Sheri? Just kidding, I could see where she was coming from, because we almost ran out of food. Walmart is right next door, so it wouldn't have postponed the party too long if we had to run and get some more grub!
We brought out Triton's cake and everyone was just sitting there, so I had to start singing Happy Birthday. With everyone singing at once Triton was a bit apprehensive and reached for me to protect him. I held him, and after the song when everyone was clapping for him, he started clapping and screaming. I am sure at that moment that he knew the day's celebration was for him alone. He didn't blow out the candles by himself, he needed my help? He is able to blow out candles just fine, but maybe he was too excited?
So, news about my mom! During her first round of chemo, being some 10 weeks or so, they were taking some pictures to see how the tumor was doing. At first they said that the tumor was shrinking, yeah! Well, a few weeks later they said it wasn't getting any smaller, but might be growing! I was mega upset over that, but my mom and her personal nurse didn't believe it because the tumor felt smaller to the touch? I was so upset, because I just had a bad feeling that the chemo wasn't working! I guess with the machine they were taking the pictures with wasn't that great of an indicator because it doesn't take a 3-D photo, and can't distinguish between scar tissue and/or a tumor itself. So, after her first round of one type of chemo, my mother had a more extensive photo taken, and they realized that the old junker photos were in fact only taking pictures of scar tissue that the tumor had left behind. "Left Behind" as in the tumor is gone! She still has to undergo more chemo and surgery, but the tumor is gone. What great news is that? I hope and pray that everything keeps going as good as it has been. Of course, she hates the chemo and what it does to her body, but at least it looks like it is helping. I love you mom.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

That is super great news about your mom! I love the slide show! Good job!! :)