Sunday, November 20, 2011

Closer Than I Thought

Well, I made up 5 pins from the weeks previous 684 series on Josh. Before leagues started I checked the updated average sheet and I was at a 194 while Josh had dropped to a 198. I started out bowling kind of crappy, not a lot of confidence because the approaches were slick and I couldn't stay on my feet. The beginning of the first game Josh was ahead of me and he was throwing a pretty good ball. He had a couple of late opens while I started stringing some strikes. I ended the first game with a 213, second game Josh tried to stay with me for a while even though I had the first 6 strikes. I ended with a 256 and he had another untimely open. I don't know what we got any of his games but overall I beat him by at least another hundred while shooting a 670 series. I wasn't happy with the overall way I threw the ball but it was mostly because of the approaches. I am happy with my series and for the past two weeks I have averaged 225. I am sure again if I can get this proper release down that a 225 average won't be that hard to maintain overall. I am hoping to get over a 200 average on the year, but mostly I just want to stay focused on getting this release down and in the muscle memory bank!
Josh wasn't happy that I beat him, he say that he has been tired lately which is probably true. I just wish that he could get some confidence and get his first 300. Again my year and a half long goal is to get another 300 under my belt and average a 215 or more for next season! Simply end with a 200 or more this year.
Henry and I did golf today. Triton was sick so we didn't go to church. I had a triple bogey on the first hole we played then double bogeyed the next hole! So, I was 5 over par after two holes. The next sixteen holes I play at 4 over. Shooting 12 pars and 4 bogeys. What happened on the first two holes I have no clue, but I was way happy with the last 16 holes. I hit the ball good and was happy that we got in one last round before the snow fell. It was snowing pretty good when we left. The last green we were on was about a third covered with snow. We finished just in time. Sad that it was probably the last time this year, but way happy that we got to go. I wasn't expecting to be able to get in that round. And to golf as good as I did was a bonus too. USA won The Presidents Cup and if Tiger can golf as good as he did today all of next year he will probably win two majors! That is my prediction for his year. I just want Tiger to beat all the records then he can sail off into the sunset and never golf again. I think that he has to win 10 or 12 PGA events to overtake Snead on the all time wins list and of course he has to win 5 more majors to overtake Jack Nicklaus in the major category.

No comments: