Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pulls in the Lead

I had told Josh that I was going to give him 5 weeks until I was high average on our team. It only took 2 weeks! My average jumped form a 191 to 197 in two weeks and he dropped from his 200 like I mentioned to a 195. I really feel bad that he is not doing so good. I felt good going into Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, but I was a little tired. I played basketball that morning after working all night. Took a short nap before bowling. Started out practice really good. I had 7 strikes in a row. The last ball or two that I threw felt like I was slipping back to the old style though. So any confidence I had vanished. I scraped through the night averaging just over 200 bowling a 602 series. I was in between the old style of bowling and the new. Again, once I figure it out all had better watch out because I am going to be on a terror of high scores.

My friend Mike started out his first game with 11 strikes in a row and missed his last ball for his possible 8th 300 game by throwing a 7 count finishing with a 297. I love watching him bowl good and hope that I can be up there with him before too long. I guess the next day in a local tournament he did the same thing! Except this time he only threw a 6! finishing with probably his worst after the front 11 strikes, he obviously got a 296. I can say that is sad, but it is more sad that I can't even come close.

No comments: