Monday, March 2, 2009

March 1st

Yesterday was Josh's birthday, he is in Boise attending BSU. I thought that I had some pictures of him, they must have been lost somewhere so you will not be able to see him at this juncture! So, Happy Birthday Josh. Know that we love you and hope that you are doing well. He has recently broken up with his live in girlfriend whom he had been dating for over 5 years or more. He has already turned his interest to a new girl who I guess has two children of her own. He thought that I would think he was crazy for dating a woman who has kids? I told him nothing like that should matter. It is just a bit funny because I guess that this girl's youngest isn't even a year yet, and Josh wouldn't even hold Triton until he was almost a year and a half old. He said he was scared because Triton was my child? He held our other cousin's new born just a few days before finally holding Triton, but acted as if Triton had the plague for the first 18 months of his life? I understand his fear though. I don't really care for holding other's young ones, and was surprised at how well I was around Triton. I guess the fatherly instinct that took over, because I was never really worried about hurting Triton. Maybe it was the fact that Triton was able to lift his own head a few hours after he was born? Of course he wasn't able to hold it up, but he was able to lift it off your shoulder when trying to burp him.


Man vs Food is a program that airs on the Travel Channel and it has to be one of my favorite programs at the moment. Adam Richman is the host of the show and every week he visits a city that has amazing food and at the end of the program has to take part in some unusual challenge that only a few people out of thousands have been able to accomplish. I love food and watching him eat the local food and most impressive is how much he is indeed able to eat. This inspired me to go back to Big Juds this last Friday because I have been wanting to go for sometime, I either forget or don't have the time. Sheri returned home from work earlier than normal around 3:30, so I asked her if she would be up for going to Big Juds. I was pleased when she agreed to go. I remembered how to get there, just needed help finding that first turn off the highway after the railroad bridge. I remembered the location being directly after some trees and if you aren't looking carefully enough you will drive right past it. That is indeed what happened as we rounded a corner and started heading south. I remember Big Juds being on a road that is east to west, not north to south, so we turned around. It, of course, was directly behind the trees that made us miss it. During the short backtrack drive Sheri had the nerve to ask if we were going to split the big jud? Ummm no! I always have to eat a whole on myself and have been able to every time that I have been there. I informed her that she would be ordering for her and Triton, while I would tackle the big jud myself. We did share my fries, which kind of sucked because they weren't that good and there wasn't very many. I had already eaten two bowls of cereal this day and was wondering if I would be able to finish the big jud. I had only had one problem finishing a big jud before, but I did manage. This was probably my 5th time eating there in my lifetime, but I was hungry and figured it wouldn't be a problem. The fries arrived at the table first, I guess this is something new, but Triton was pleased. He loves french fries. We decided to put a bit of fry sauce on his plate so that he may dip his fries. It was mega cute, because of his unique style of dipping. On the average, 8 out of 10, he barely dips the fry in the sauce, puts the fry in his mouth backwards, thus the small amount of fry sauce that he has on the fry ends up on his fingers. He tries his darnedest and it is adorable to watch. My burger finally arrived and it was the same size as I remember, but I didn't remember the buns being so thick! I was very happy to see that it would for sure fill me up, but after the first quarter piece I was a bit worried about the bun. I sped through the first quarter and limited my soda and fry intake. Midway through the second piece I actually felt more hungry than when we arrived? It was a rather weird feeling, but I am sure that I would have been able to finish it no matter what. I just didn't want those last few bites to take forever like they had once in the past. I did have to put a bunch of extra ketchup on the last few bites because the bun was a bit dry as well as thick. There wasn't any struggles, and I was disappointed that the fries sucked because I would have loved to have had the normal chaser after a big bite of hamburger. I finished my soda and figured if I had to I could have finished another half a hamburger until I would have reached that miserable stage of fullness.


Sorry about the last blog, it was a bit dark and ventful, but results and experiences speak for themselves. Happy Birthday again to Josh yesterday, I hope that you received my text? Also Happy Anniversary to Sheri tomorrow, I love you as well.


Triton, happy dragging his first big pot...
Triton the multitasker! Sitting in his toy box as he finishes his Gold Fish.

No comments: