Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekend, Late Anniversary



>As I mentioned in the previous post, March 3rd was our anniversary. Sheri and I both had to work that day and were forced to treat it as any normal day of the week. We were, however, able to be alone and celebrate for a few hours on Saturday. Shalee came over and watched Triton from 11:15 until she had to leave for work at 1:30, that is when Crystal (Sheri's sister came and picked Triton up and took him from then until about 5:30.


What we were able to do is this; we took in an early matinee of (Watchmen) at 11:50 and from there we drove to Pocatello for some Red Lobster. I know that Sheri likes lobster a lot and it had been a while since we had been out and even longer than she had a chance to have lobster. Let's start with the movie, boring!! I had high hopes for this movie, and have wanted to see it for a long time. The fact that I had such high hopes for the movie, isn't the reason for it being a flop. I imagine that it will take in plenty of money, but I can guarantee that there are going to be a bunch of people who feel the same way I do. It was wicked slow for one thing. Hardly any action which of course is misleading with the previews. It drug on and on, I mean the movie is over two and a half hours long and there is maybe 20 minutes of action, and that is the only part that is worth watching.
Now to Red Lobster. I am not a person who likes going out to eat unless it is Puerto Vallarta or a place that serves enough food (Big Juds). I just do not think that restaurants are worth the amount of money that is being spent on the amount of food that is actually served. So, I didn't have any hopes as far as Red Lobster. I figured it wasn't going to be worth the drive there, and I knew that it wasn't going to be worth the money being spent, but Sheri loves lobster and she is the one who is worth it. I ordered the steak and lobster. I love the steak and all you can eat shrimp at Sizzler, key word on the menu is (all you can eat), so that is why I chose the steak. I was in the mood for beef, thus the reason for the steak. We had to order an appetizer, because I figured that the meal wasn't going to be big enough for me. It of course wasn't and here is what I ate. We started with coconut shrimp, 6 pieces I had 3 and a half of those, next was the salad (caesar) it was pretty good, followed by the meal. First time I ordered a steak rare, usually I go with medium rare, but had my mom on the mind and figured I would salute her taste. It was pretty good, nothing wrong with going rare. I of course finished off the plate along with three biscuits and 4 glasses of Sprite. I was almost able to finish off Sheri's caesar salad as well before finally filling up. I am not a fan of lobster, I don't think it has any taste and why should something that has no taste be so expensive? There were two things that were yummy and they were of course the coconut shrimp and the biscuits were surprisingly good. The caesar salad was okay, but the steak was a steak (nothing special) and the lobster had no taste! It was nice getting out with the wife though. She finds in hilarious that I pause everything I am doing if I don't have everything at the table at once. I was forced to stop eating twice because I didn't have any soda, put on hold another time because there wasn't any steak sauce brought to the table with the meal? A-1, it's that important..

No comments: