Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Biggest Dis Ever!

Okay not a clue why this story popped in my head, but I guess I will share. It is a story about me and the moral values I had in high-school.
I was always a shy boy growing up. There were maybe 3 girls that I had the courage to kiss first in all my life. I would always wait for the girl to make the first move no matter what. I might have been in 7th grade before I even kissed a girl the way you wouldn't kiss your sister. I am talking about lips together, no saliva swapping of any kind until I was in 7th grade. Okay enough about kisses.
My parents were divorced when I was 5 or so years old, and my mother gained custody of me. Neither of my parents were religious and I never rememeber going to church. I think my grandma on my father's side took me one day, but either than that I couldn't tell you anything about any religion. I wasn't a bad kid growing up, despite the petty theft incidents that nobody ever found out about. I have never been drunk. Tried cigarettes in the 6th grade just because it was cool. Hate the taste of coffee, not that people who drink coffee are the devil, it is just something I would never drink. I tried stupid marijuana a couple of times just because friends of mine were doing it. Yes, I gave in to peer pressure okay! Hated it, nothing like the way people make it out to be. It didn't make me laugh, didn't make me have the munchies, did nothing but make me wish that I had never done it. So that was that. I am obviously not an angel, not am I trying to say that I am, but I was a pretty good kid growing up.
I met a girl at the end of my sophomore year in high school and she was a mormon. She didn't ever pressure me into going to church with her. Didn't ever pressure me into believing what she did. I didn't believe anything, sure I believed in Jesus and God, but that was about it. I had a conversation with her about the afterlife one evening while we were walking around by the river, and shortly after that she did convince me to take part in discussions with the LDS (Latter-Day Saints) missionaries. I joined the church some three months later. This young lady and myself ended up splitting up, but I still believe in the church to this day. My wife and I were even married in the Idaho Falls Temple.
Now, we almost have the background to this epic title of the blog. A shy boy who likes girls that isn't restricted by his parents as far as sex. Sure my mom didn't want me to have sex, but she made sure I had condoms, bla blah. Either than that it was open season for me. I had actually had sex one time previous to becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It wasn't with the girl who introduced me, so don't think that. I wasn't afraid of girls, just didn't want to be the first to make any sort of move. Now, the church of course discourages sex before marriage. However again, I didn't have any sort of restrictions from the parents, only my own moral limitations and the help of the church now.
I had become good friends with this kid in high school during my senoir year. He will remain nameless for the sake of not giving away who this story is about. It isn't who the story is about that makes it a great story, only the story itself. I was driving this friend of mine home after high school one day and I saw this girl in a bus, not the short bus either!, she was pretty fine. I ended up running into this same girl at this new friend's house. His sister was friends with this girl, so I thought fate was bringing us together. I found out that she had a boyfriend, a guy who really didn't like me for some reason. I never pursued her any further, because I am respectful that way. I of course still thought she was mega pretty, and would smile at her here and there, but that was it.
This one night after my friends were finished partying for the night, I drove us all to my friends house. I, being the only one who never drank, was always the designated driver. This friend of mine convinced me to spend the night. I agreed, and took refuge on the big couch. My friend was so drunk he passed out on the floor, while his sister laid on the couch with me. This friend of hers was laying on the adjacent couch. My friends step-father came upstairs and made his step-daughter get off the couch with me. He went downstairs and was never seen again that night. This sister of my friend also fell asleep on the floor. My whole life I have always been the last one to fall asleep in a group setting. I have always had a hard time falling asleep. The television wasn't on, so I was just lying there on the couch. Bored as could be. I had lost any interest of this hot girl, because A. she had a boyfriend B. she was a party girl who supposedly slept around and C. because I was trying to be a good boy. Well, I got the invite on this given night! Funniest thing, and probably the meanest thing this girl has ever experienced. Assuming she even remembers? because, she too, was drunk.
I lay there bored out of my mind wanting to fall asleep, when I rolled over and looked in her direction. The light was on in the kitchen? Why, I don't remember, but it shed plenty of light in the room. This is when I see her motion me over to her couch with one finger! Without saying a word, I simply rolled over so I couldn't see her. It was nice being the one in power, whereas girls usually have the upper hand. I couldn't have imagined how humiliated she must have felt, but I felt really good?! I feel good about it because I didn't give into the ways of the world. Not many guys out there would have turned down the opportunity that I had that night, but that is where I was stronger than them. Plus, they will never be able to tell the story about their "biggest dis." They might be able to tell the story about how they acquired crabs or some other STD maybe?

No comments: