Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Only

Well, this weekend wasn't a good one at all. Not only did we not get to see my mom because we were sick, but I golfed like crap as well. I was major sick, but there was a fun tournament that took place. It was a doubles tournament that is one round in a different city and another round the next day in our home town. Out of 36 holes I had 23 putts for birdie. I golfed probably the best ever, but just couldn't make a putt. So, we lost because Henry golfed like crap. Out of those 23 putts for birdie, 17 of them were close enough that I should have made like 35% of them at worst, but I made none! Kill me please!
Triton didn't get too sick, he was the reason that we cancelled this trip in the first place. He seemed okay after only having a runny nose and congestion during the night for a day and a half. We had a humidifier on in his room at night so that probably helped, but I ended up getting pretty dang sick. I ran a small fever and had a lot of aches on Saturday. Still golfed great like I said, maybe it was because I was sick?
Yesterday we were switching channels and came across good ole America's Funniest Home Videos. There was a segment being shown on people falling down and some of them probably were hurt kind of bad in a few spots, but that didn't stop Triton from laughing! Here he is yesterday watching the same segment for the third time.

My cousin Josh was going to Seattle for a day or two and I told him to stop by and see my mom, since he was going to be there anyway and since Triton and I couldn't make it. I talked to my mom Saturday night and she seemed pretty down. I didn't mention that Josh was going to be in Seattle because I didn't know if he would stop and see her. I guess he hasn't called her since she has been sick. His sister Shalee (Monster) has spoken to my mom a few times and insinuated that Josh hasn't called my mom because it is his way of not accepting the fact that my mom is indeed sick. Shalee thought that him calling my mom would make it real to him, and if he never called, then she simply wasn't sick in his mind. Anyway, I don't know how much, if any, of that is true? He did stop by and I am glad that he did. My mom seemed much happier than she did the other day. I just wish that it was Triton and I that was able to cheer her up instead of Josh. Thank you Josh and Kim for taking the time out of your trip to see my mom, hope everything was okay with the drive. I love all of you and have a good week.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I am sad for you that you didn't get to see your mom, but I am sure you will get another opportunity soon!

I loved the video of Triton! Such a cutie and a really cute laugh!