Monday, September 7, 2009

Two More Work Nights

I have to work Monday and Tuesday night, then the weekend begins. Triton and I are heading to Seattle to see my mom. Sheri has to work, so she is staying here. It might be nice for her to be away from us for awhile? She won't admit it, but I think it will be good. Triton and I will miss her, but we will only be gone until Monday.
I had been planning on going to Seattle for a long while now, and I told my mom a couple of weeks ago that this next weekend would be best. She called Wednesday and said that something went wrong with the computers at work and that she would have to work all weekend, so going there would just be a waste. I said that it was fine, and after the phone call I wondered what kind of morons work at her location, that they can't fix a computer glitch before a week? Well, she called the very next day and asked if the trip could still be a go. I told her that it was fine, and thank you morons who were able to fix the glitch before a week went by. Okay, sorry to be so rude to the morons, but they almost cost me a trip to see my mom!
I have a poker tournament Wednesday night, then after that we are on the road. You are all thinking I am selfish for staying and playing the tournament before heading out of town huh? Well, it isn't as bad as it sounds. I have to go home and sleep after work while Barbara watches Triton. Thank goodness that she has the day off and is willing to watch him. Thank you so much Barbara. Plus I didn't want to put Triton through a days worth of sitting in a car seat, when he could be sleeping most of the drive. I also love to drive at night. Everything seems to be falling into place so far. I am hoping that Triton is able to sleep most of the way. It might be the only time in my life I won't care if I lose in the tournament too, because the sooner I lose or win (winning will take longer) the faster I can start my trip. Triton's bedtime isn't until 8:30 and the tournament starts at 7:00, so that will give me ample time to build chips fast or be out by then. If I were to win the latest it would probably take is 10:30. I would still be able to get into Seattle before noon, and that is when my mom gets off from work. So there, I am not selfish for staying and playing in the tournament!

No comments: