Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lost


Well, when the television series Lost debuted I didn't want to watch it. It just didn't seem that interesting to me! I also saw a couple of minutes of one of the first episodes and saw a part where a polar bear was killed in the middle of the jungle! With that unlikely scenario I never batted an eye at it again. I think I was more interested in watching another show that was on the same day on another channel. It was a series called Surface which wasn't too bad, and it only lasted one season anyway.
Preston, a friend of mine from work, is always watching everything on television. He has good taste and I trust him on picking something out that isn't going to make me want to kill myself. I think he has almost ran out of stuff to watch. There will be a side story on that in a minute.
I arrived at work to relieve him at the end of his shift a few weeks ago. We were talking about something and he mentioned Lost. I told him that I hadn't ever watched it and gave him a sour look after he said that I should. He said that he had all of the seasons on DVD and he would let me borrow season 1 and see if I liked it. I told him that I would let him borrow a series that my mom had just bought me for Christmas. It is a series that on SciFi and it was called Firefly. It is the premise for the feature film Serenity. Except it is better than Serenity. I am not a big fan of Scifi series and haven't ever watched a full episode of Stargate, Star Trek or anything of the sort. The only reason I liked Firefly so much was because my other friend Mikey J encouraged me to give it a try as well. It was great and it is also a major bummer that it was only one season as well. My mom found out that I liked it when we visited her in November. I was surprised that she even knew what it was because a ton of people never heard of it.
So, the following week I bring in Firefly for Preston and he brings in season 1 of Lost for me. Funny story on that though! Remember how I mentioned that Preston has seen everything and was running out of stuff to watch? Well, I come into work to find that he was watching season 1 of the O.C. on DVD! Now that is sad! I told him that watching Firefly would make him feel more like a man. I feel sorry for him when he is finished watching that and is going to be stuck watching the O.C. again. Well, I am now finished watching seasons 1 - 3 of Lost. I found it wasn't that bad. The story isn't horrible, a bit far fetched in a few areas. It wanders from here to there an awful lot. It never answers certain questions that should be. I am hoping that by the last season it will answer all questions, but other than that it isn't too bad.
Season one was horribly slow as far as character development too, but that is always expected. Season two wasn't too bad, did bring in more characters, so it was a bit slow as well. Season three was good, it had a dang good cliff hanger for a season finale. I haven't seen season 4 yet and haven't started because Preston didn't work this week. I feel like he is my drug dealer because I am able to finish a season pretty quickly and then I have to call him for my next fix! He is probably getting sick of me calling him every week. I actually drove to his house which is maybe 20 minutes out of town just to pick up season 2. That isn't too bad you might think, but I was extremely tired. It was my Friday and I had only gotten 7 hours of sleep in two days, but I needed to get it from him that bad. So, I guess I am stuck on Lost for now.
I love watching movies and I can get into some shows that are on television as well. A downfall that I have though is that I have to watch it all! I think that there is only been a hand full of movies that I haven't finished watching once I started. A movie has to be ultra horrible for me to not finish watching it once I start. So, if you are wanting to watch Lost if you haven't already don't take my need to see it to the very finish as your reason for watching it. It is pretty good and there are a few characters that are really likable, but it does meander quite a bit.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So funny that you posted about this! I have been a faithful Lost watcher since season 1. But, I could never get Dave to watch it.

Somehow, I FINALLY got him to give it a chance and we bought season 1 and 2. We are almost done with season 1. He really likes it and keeps me up WAY too late watching it, always just ONE more episode!

I love the show. Keep watching for sure, it gets better and does answer more questions. :)