Monday, April 26, 2010

Rodeo and A Fall

So this is Sheri...I decided that I needed to start writing things down as well. One reason being that due to Jason's schedule he sometimes misses out on going to activities and family outings. A perfect example happened a few weeks ago. Triton and I attended the Dodge National Circut Rodeo with some family on April 10th in Pocatello. Not a normal scene of ours by any means, but a great experience of spending time with family and something new for Triton to experience. I thought Triton would have a good time, which he did.
We went to the matinee for lack of a better term because we had more than one young child in the group. My dad and step mom Betty, sister Brooke and husband MJ, brother Tyson and his wife Mary with there three kids Bailey, Keeton, and Jaxon, brother Matt and his wife Jaime with their son Drake, and last but not least Triton and I.
We started our day at 9am when we all met for breakfast at Smitty's. From there we car pooled to Pocatello. As we got close the the doors there was a little Shelton pony (I am guessing) that the kids could pet. Triton liked that but was also a bit hesitant. We entered on the north side of the Holt Arena and had to walk down the ramp to our seats on the other side of the stadium; but it turned out to be a good thing because we walked right by a lot of people on horses warming up and getting ready for the events. Our seats were fairly good, but ended up being stretched out a bit. Just after things got started my dad came down and sat in Triton's seat and Triton sat on his lap quite a lot. He ate popcorn and Mike and Ike's and really into what was going on. I recorded some vidoes of him clapping and cheering as seen here. I think Triton's favorite event was the bareback horse riding and the same thing only with saddles....not sure what they call that one. Oh and running up and down the ramps from the seats to the concessions, during the break. I thought he would fall asleep on the drive back but didn't. I guess he was thinking too much about all he had seen.

Not long after we got home I went with my mom and sister to a grocery bulk sale at Smith's, to get some food storage items. On the way out the day went from great to horrible. When we go to a store generally Triton sits in the seat for little kids, but once in a while I give in and let him sit in the bucket. When I allow this I usually pull the cart while I walk right beside him, just in case. Well on the way out Triton was in the basket and i was pushing from the regular location...he decided to stand up. I immediately stopped pushing and was telling him to sit down, but he didn't listen and I stupidly didn't walk around to the side...as you can probably guess he fell out.
It all seemed so slow motion...as I watched what happened, I went over all the stupidity of what I had done wrong and the horror of it. He hit the pavement with his back and the back of his head. That image will forever be burned into my brain. I was terrified as most mothers would be. I was trying to remain as calm as possible because I didn't want to freak him out worse by my reaction. But I couldn't stop the tears as I picked him up and hugged him to me. I was so scared! My Mom was that extra help to me in remaining as calm as possible. I know I am not the first mother this has happened to, nor will I be the last. I have seen a similar situation personal happen to a little girl in Sams Club. It is a hard thing to deal with. I know I am a good mom, but I still have guilt for my role in the events, and why shouldn't I?
Well, to finish off my story I watched him pretty close for the rest of the evening. He seemed fine after a little while....running around and playing, his eyes seemed fine, but that night he slept next to me. I knew I wouldn't get any sleep if he was in a different room where I couldn't hear him breathing and check on him with that much ease. Triton was blessed! He will probably never remember it but this will be a traumatic event forever to me.

On a lighter note Jason had the day off on Saturday 4/24. He got up early to go golfing, came home and took a nap. After Jason's nap we decided to let Triton pick out a new movie and go try to fly a kite as it was windy. It was between Madagascar 2 and A Bugs Life. Triton chose A Bugs Life and that has been all he has watched since. By the time we got to the play ground the wind was getting stronger. Triton went down the slide and climbed a couple toys before he decided he wanted to help daddy put the kite together. Once that was done, which took both Jason and I the wind was pretty strong, but after going through all the trouble we tried to fly it for Triton. One of the wings was curling a bit the wrong way so we knew it wasn't going to work that great. we got it up but each time before too long it would turn left and come dive bombing down. Triton has been out golfing with Jason but not much else yet this season so it was a good time for all three of us to get out of the house together.

One last thing before I end. It is Monday April 26th and still no baby yet. Her due date was Friday, April 23th, but not surprised she is late as Triton was three days late himself. I go see the doctor again today and hopefully we will have a new baby girl very soon. As soon as she arrives we will post some pictures and tell you her name. Donnetta, be on the look out for some videos, wish you were here!

Sheri

No comments: