Friday, April 2, 2010

QT

The title for this blog is going to be the new name of the blog itself. It will still have to be accessed with the tritonsparents.blogspot link, but it will finally have a title. As you might be able to tell the T in QT stands for Triton and the Q is yet to be filled in. It will be filled in when the new baby girl arrives in a few weeks. She is due in 22 days, but I have a feeling that she is going to be an early arrival. She has been a moving around in Sheri's stomach a ton and I think is she digging in a foot hold or two to push her way out.
With yesterday being April Fool's day it reminded me of this joke Mike and I played on my mom once. It wasn't on that same day, but many years ago we got my mom good. I can't remember why, but Mike picked me up early from work. My mom worked at the same place as I did, but she didn't work in the same station and she did not know that I had left work early on this night. Mikey J and myself must have been going to a movie or something I can't remember. We went back to my house (my mom's house of course) so that I could change out of my work clothes. Well, I was in the bathroom and I heard my mom's car pull into the driveway. I turned off the bathroom light and all that was on was a hallway light. My room wasn't in the house itself. I had a room that was attached to the other side of the garage, thus if Mikey was even at my mom's house alone he wouldn't need to be in the main part of the house at all. I told Mike to act like I wasn't there as I hid in the bathroom. I heard my mom unlock the door. She knew who Mike was of course, but he wasn't a friend that I hung out with a lot. We hung out a lot, but usually not at my house. Anyway, my mom enters the back door and Mike walks around the corner. It was pretty dark in the house except for the one hallway light. I am sure she recognized him no problem. He then asks her this question "Do you know where Jason is"? Her response was exactly this "How the f*@# did you get in to my house"? Mike asked her that question without any sort of giggle or give away in his voice that would indicate that I was just around the corner. I don't think he ever answered her question. I couldn't tell because I was laughing too hard. I couldn't stop laughing and just shortly after hearing her response to his question I made myself visible. I think I remember her calling us both a few names as we laughed our way out the door. She didn't think it was funny at all and she hates it when we bring that story up. It has been a story to laugh at all of the time because my mom's classic reaction.

No comments: