Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wow

So, I know that I mentioned that my cousin Josh was having a baby as well. They were due three weeks after Quinn. They moved back into town a little over a month ago and were to have their third visit with the girly doctor on the day that Quinn was born. They decided to go to the same doctor that Sheri goes to, but they hadn't met her yet because she had been busy with probably deliveries and what not. This day Josh blamed us for not being able to meet her because she was helping with Sheri's delivery. I thought that they might be able to meet her after the delivery but Josh and Kim didn't get to the hospital until after the birth and Sheri's doctor had already left. I informed Sheri's doctor that she was going to be delivering my cousin's baby in a couple of weeks and we would see her then. I told her that they had just moved here and she hasn't met them yet, but that the baby was coming soon.



I was driving home the night that Quinn was born to put Triton to bed and hopefully myself (I slept like crap even though I was awake over 24 hours). On the way home I was thinking that it was going to suck if I went back to work and Josh and Kim had their baby, because I wouldn't be able to be there. We had joked about how it would have been cool to have them on the same day because Josh and I are like brother's. He lived with us when his father was living with my mom. Shalee his sister was obviously living with us too and in fact lives with us now. So, he and I are very close and have shared many beds and baths together. When we were younger that is, it wasn't like the other day okay! We obviously knew that Kim wasn't going to have her baby on the same day because she wasn't due for almost three more weeks.



The next morning after trying to catch up on sleep I was getting Triton ready to go back to the hospital to see his mom and his new sister when Josh text me. His text read, heading to the hospital Kim is in labor. I replied with a one word text saying "Liar". He said that he was serious and that they were almost to the hospital already. I guess she had been having contractions since they went to bed and really bad ones since 4 am. They got to the hospital just before ten and she was so far along that she couldn't even get an epidural. She was in a lot of pain and I felt bad because Sheri wasn't even in nearly the same boat as far as pain was concerned. The baby was born just before 11:00am. His name is Parker and here is Quinn and Parker. Only one day apart but we will probably be able to have combined birthday parties throughout the years. I hope that Quinn and Parker can be as close as Josh and I have been our whole lives. I was so happy that I was able to be there and not at work. I love you Josh and Kim. It was so cool that we were able to go through this basically together.



Quinn is obviously on the left and Parker on the right. It was kind of funny when we were discussing names that we were thinking of naming Quinn with Josh and Kim because Parker was on of the names that Sheri liked back in the day. Josh said that Sheri had to negate that one from our list because it was theirs and they were sure on that. I guess they were because that is little Parker now.






Josh is a proud first time daddy. Kim is now a mother of three and of course Josh thinks of her two girls as his own. This is her first boy and Josh is a man having a boy as his first child. Three generations and six children all of the people on my maternal side of the family have had a boy as their first child. I am proud of Josh in that sense, but of course that has nothing really to do with how manly a man is or isn't.

No comments: