Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Monster


While in junior high my uncle and his two children lived with us for a few years. Josh and Shalee (aka Monster) are my cousins. Monster is seen to the left with Triton on her lap. Why monster? I can't remember why my mother came up with the nickname, but it fit. My mom first came up with Shweezal Monster, but later on it simply became monster. Josh and Shalee were the cutest kids. I was a single child, so having them live with us was more than welcome. I was able to fight with them like brothers and sisters do. Able to tease them and make them believe anything.
One of the best stories about that time in our lives has to be the cereal story. Again, monster was a wicked cute girl probably around age 5. Henry must have had to work early hours because my mom was stuck with the job of getting us up and ready for school each day. My mother and I are not morning people. I inherited the same morning attitude from her, which is leave me alone, don't talk to me and while we are at it don't even look at me. How can a girl as cute as monster possibly upset my mother? I guess Shalee wasn't being so cute from an obeying stand point. She and my mom were having differences. Shalee didn't want her cereal and of course my mom knew that she needed to eat it. This must have caused the two of them to be late, but my mom isn't the kind of person who is going to give in. On this day she gave in, but I can guarantee Shalee probably wishes that she would have just ate her cereal. I also hope that Triton never makes me angry enough to pour the cereal bowl on top of his head. I wish that I could have been there to witness the happenings, but I wasn't fortunate enough. I guess of course Shalee cried and was forced to then change and clean up before being dropped off at school, late. The two of them love each other very much, and maybe this bonding moment aided in that love?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Wow! Time flies! I remember when she was so little and cute! :)