Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Last Blog Before We Know About Mom

A few Sundays ago Triton and I went to my grandmother's to take some pictures with my dad and grandma. Showing the 4 generations that have survived thus far, not sure how much longer Triton is going to make it, being the fussy boy that he is! Not really, he is a good boy, but this day he wasn't in the mood for pictures. Maybe because he isn't really used to being at my grandmas since we hardly ever go over there. It was the third time that we had gone over there since he was born! I am a horrible grandson, I know. This first picture will have grandma, dad, Triton and myself. Many people who know me and have never met my father are surprised that he is my dad. Crazy hippy man huh? He is one of 3 brothers and is also the only one that decided to remain in the 70s. His other two brothers (Paul and Phil) have short hair, okay they are bald, but so is my dad if he were to pull his hair back you would be able to see. They aren't all completely bald, but for sure have a 2 x forehead. Yes, I know that I do too, but I have a beautiful wife and a cute baby boy so most people won't even see my baldness because all eyes are on them. The next photo adds in my stepmother Dena and half brother Zack.
Zack is a senior in high school and is already engaged! He is mature for his age, that is why he was elected to take care of the house while we visited my mom in Seattle. Do I think it wise to get married right out of high school? Who does? To each their own and I of course wish him the best and hope everything turns out in the long run. He has a sister (my step-sister) named Stacy, she is a few years younger than me, and has 3 children of her own. Brent, same name as the father is the oldest, next is Morgan (I hear she is a little pill) and then Brendan. We never see them, but hope they know that we wish them the best and they are always in our prayers. Dena has been with my father for many years. They have had their ups and only a few downs, so looking at everything now, I think they are happy with everything. Of course they want to win the lottery and never work again, but who doesn't?? Okay there are those crazy people who would still work, but me I would be happy golfing! Dena has always treated me well, before and after my father and I didn't speak for some 5 or 6 years.
Grandma (Joyce) has been alone for a long time. My grandfather (William) passed away one of those years that my dad and I weren't in touch and I didn't even go to the funeral. I must have been 12 or 13, I will have to find that out for sure. I would to have liked to have attended the funeral, but I wasn't ready to face my dad. Can't even remember what our disagreement was in the past, but it is all in the past now.
Sheri had a church meeting to attend this day, thus she isn't in the picture. My dad had already scheduled the time and didn't know what time we had church, so I skipped out and went to grandma's. I skip church often. There are two times a month that I skip because of work, and the other two times I skip just to skip? It is bad I know! About one of those times that I skip a month it is because I have a bowling, golf and very rarely a poker tournament. I skip just to skip nonetheless, but I know that I need to start going again.
Speaking of church, Triton (Sunday before last) was able to wear his church outfit that my mother gave him for Christmas. Here he is wearing it on that day. I think that he looks much older than 20 months? Sometimes we take pictures of him and I swear he looks like he is 4 years old.




It could just be me, but I don't see a boy that isn't potty trained in these pictures? Maybe the one where Sheri is holding him, but the other one just looks like he is much older to me. Also in case you were ever needing to know of some other uses for a waste basket, Triton is here to demonstrate a couple of his own ideas.




I did break the $30 mark on Pokerstars last night and already broke into the $40s on Fulltilt. Didn't play very long, last night, wasn't feeling all that well. I will hopefully post another blog tonight letting all know how my mom is doing and what is going to happen.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I can't believe those pics of your family! Your dad hasn't changed at all, but "little" Zack!?!!? I remember teasing him about being his girlfriend and he was so little!! Crazy!

I hope that you found out some uplifting news about your mom.