Monday, August 10, 2009

Finally Some More Pics




This is the three of us at the Hoover Dam. I had never seen it and it wasn't anything that special at all! I understand that it has it's stamp on American history and a lot of work, sweat and even lives were taken in the making of the dam, but it was what you expect I guess. If you had to picture it in your mind from the movies you would be spot on. The State line wasn't on the road like in some movies though? In the picture we are on the dam itself facing the lake. Behind us is something that is in the process of being built, in the upper right hand side of the picture you can kind of see it. There is going to be a new bridge that is going to allow drivers to keep up speed I guess. I really don't see the whole point of adding a huge bridge where one already basically exists? Other than the fact that there are a ton of tourists there that drive exhaustingly slow and the speed limit is way slow on the dam anyway. It is going to be a marvelous work just as the dam itself, and of course next time we are down there, we will probably want to see the finished product as well. I guess I might be a little sour at the fact that it was so hot? I mean we were only there for like 20 minutes or so, and Triton was being an ornery little monkey. He didn't want to be in the stroller, he wanted to push the stroller himself. This would be fine if he knew how to avoid hitting people that we didn't know, and the fact that the road is right off the sidewalk.
At the bowling alley itself is where we found the place that suited Triton during his little outbursts! In the next pics you can see how it was a dream finding not only a place to store bowling balls, but also to place our little devil when we needed some peace and quiet!




















I knew that it was going to be hot in Vegas, and it was. It was tolerable for me, I am a person who likes warmth. However the heat was intensified on the dam itself. While in Vegas, even at night the temperature never dropped below 95 degrees. As well, there are a million cockroaches in Vegas. The do only seem to come out at night, but when they come out they are like gangs. I was walking from our hotel/condo at the Residence Inn to get Sheri and I some bottled water, and I noticed them. We had seen a few dead roaches and had only seen our first live one at Circus Circus just earlier that same night, but this was extreme. I was walking on the path between the condos and I could see something on the ground, there was like 5 to 8 here and there in little groups. It was as if I was watching Boyz n The Hood, only instead of human gang bangers, they were roaches. I say this simply because they weren't afraid of anything. They don't run like in the movies? They stand their ground, smoking cigarettes and make crude gestures as you walk by? I guess it was a new experience for me, glad to know that we live in a somewhat cleaner city!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You had me laughing about the cock roaches smoking and making crude gestures!! :) Very funny! Looks like you guys had fun! Triton is such a cutie!

You are either blogging a ton or not for months! Try to keep up the blogging a ton, I enjoy it! :)