Sunday, August 30, 2009

Worn Out

I had to work this weekend. I work late late shifts and get off from work at 8:00am. On Friday mornings I usually take Triton golfing no matter if I have to get off from work that morning or not. Sheri is at work, so taking Triton one day a week isn't that bad. He just rides in the golf cart and is usually a good boy. He has been acting up the past couple of weeks, but nothing too bad. This last Friday we took him and he was alright once again. I went to work late Friday night and decided to see if Sheri wanted me to take him Saturday as well. She never gets anytime without the little monster on the weekends. I thought it would be nice for her to get away from him.
So, Triton had a two days in a row of golfing. He acted up yet again, and had my stress level up past normal, but he still wasn't too terrible. He just wanted to walk with uncle Billy and help him push his Speedcart. He wanted to hit his putter on the green and leave indentations! He wanted to hit his own ball each time Henry or I hit one of our shots. So, he was a little bit more of a horror, but only because he wanted to be doing what everyone else was doing. We finished up, and I took him to get some Burger King before we each laid down to go to sleep. He for his nap and me for the day.
Sheri wasn't home when we returned which was good, I hope that she was able to have a good Triton free day. Each day when Triton takes a nap, he awakes some two hours later and is ready to go. Whether you have to wake him up, or if he wakes up on his own. Well, I guess Sheri said that she heard him cough and assumed he had awoken. She goes up stairs to get him from his crib. He still sleeps in his crib just fine. He can and has probably been able to climb out for at least 7 months now, but hasn't discovered that ability yet. I guess he acted as if he didn't want to get up, but she removed him and brought him downstairs. He wanted his blanket, which he sometimes does no matter what, before going downstairs. Sheri left it up in his crib and took him downstairs. I guess she sat him on the couch with her and he was still out of it a bit. She let him have some of the blanket that is on our couch. It is the craziest thing, ever since he was maybe 9 months old he likes to grab the corner of the blanket and rub the very corner against his eyes? For the past few months he just rubs it against his face anywhere, but when laying him down back in the day, he had to rub his eyes with the very corner of the blacket to help him fall asleep. Sheri tried giving him the corner of the blanket on the couch, and he didn't really care. She asked if he wanted to play MarioKart on the Wii, and he wouldn't have that either. I guess she said that he finally laid down and just fell back to sleep for like another half hour before the phone woke him up. She tried the Wii again and he was ready, just needed that extra half hour of rest. His limit must be one, because two days of straight golfing for the first time sure did take it out of him.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Cute! Growing up to be just like you it sounds like! :)