Saturday, August 29, 2009

Nerding it up, King Style

Well, once again I am being a nerd and reading a book. I seem to not have a desire to blog when I am reading? Not sure why, but I guess it saves those who do read my blog a whopping 15 minutes of agony! So, this might be a short blog who knows. Sometimes I can go on and on?
I am reading Stephen King's Desperation. I had started reading it a few times back in the day, but never finished. It has been in my car for years. The book has so much sun rot that the binding is falling apart. It is a hard back novel that I bought for my mom for some reason (birthday/mother's day)? So, yeah mom sorry about your book. It isn't too bad thus far, I am over 400 pages in and it still has my interest. Not like The Stand have you, but good nonetheless. I can see how this book can come to an end with the 200 or so more pages that I have left to read. Not like The Stand, where it could still be going and I would still be happy reading it.
This last weekend we went to an amusement park. Sheri's mom's side of the family were all going. Her step-brother, his wife and kids weren't able to go, but everyone else was able to make the trip. Well, Jake (Sheri's half brother) wasn't able to go, but his wife and their two young boys were able to go. Mason and Rocco are their names. Mason is close to 5 or might be 5? Rocco is about a week older than Triton. So, Saturday we made a trip to an amusement park that is almost 3 hours from home. We woke Triton at about 7:00am, drove to Sheri's mom's and then made the drive to this amusement park. Triton didn't nap on the way down, but was a pretty good boy, only fussed a couple of times. We entered the park at around maybe 11:00am, ate a burger and begun our day. It was very warm, so we took Triton on a few rides and decided to go to the water park that is also in the amusement park area. We had to wait in line for that for about 20 minutes or so because it was at full-capacity. Everyone had separated shortly after taking Triton on his first two rides of the day, because Mason was able to go on a lot more rides than Triton, thus we didn't want to just have Triton watch. We found out that the other two boys along with Sheri's mom and Cory (Jake's wife) were already inside the water park. We waited and finally entered the water area. We walked straight to the kiddie pool area after changing so Triton could cool off.
We walked over this bridge and I notice some children sliding down these two small water slides. We hadn't even dipped a toe in the water. I see this little boy not too much bigger than Triton slide down and he is kind of stuck at the bottom of the slide with his head under the water. I was thinking to myself, somebody grab that kid! There was a taller little girl that had slid down on the slide next to his and was just standing there? She looked over and helped him up. Thank goodness right? The boy was fine, and I get a better look and notice that it was Rocco! Rocco was the little boy who could have easily been stuck in the water a few more seconds and something bad could have happened? I tell Sheri that Rocco is there by himself, and we go over to him and wait. I guess he had eluded his mom and in a split second raced up the stairs to this little slide. Cory was just around this corner and informed us the little booger had ran from her and was gone just like that. I told her what had just happened. I imagine that she must have been way scared. I guess I am glad that she didn't see how he was stuck under the water, it probably saved her some tears. Rocco didn't even act like anything had happened, he was happy to be in the pool.
The water was way cold. Sure it was a way hot day, but this water park has nothing over 4 feet deep, so you can't just jump in. You kind of have to ease your way in. I did get in a few times, and even after being submerged under completely I was only able to tolerate the cold for only maybe ten minutes at a time. It was that cold! I would wade around with Triton and he would just shiver and shiver. We mostly stayed in the kiddie side of the pool, so he didn't freeze for too long. I ended up getting a sunburn on my shoulders, but not too bad. I was able to golf the next day, so it really wasn't that bad. We made sure that Triton had plenty of sun block, so he was fine. I for sure don't want Triton to get a sunburn this early in his life.
Triton was only able to ride on like 5 rides, but on of them (I took him on) was the Jumping Dragon. It is a simple ride that is like the Music Express at the fair? Riders just sit and go around in circles. It has a very small incline, so it goes up and down a bit, but that is it. It just goes around in circles, but is pretty dang fast. This ride also stops in the middle of the allotted time and reverses. I wasn't sure how Triton would handle it, because it was his second ride of the day. The first one he went on with Sheri and it went around and up and down, while water squirted the riders. He wanted to sit on Sheri's lap, but that wasn't allowed, so he had to sit by himself in the seat just next to her. He was crying because of that in the beginning. but by the end of the ride he was fine, and had fun getting wet. We was much better sitting by himself on the Jumping Dragon, but I knew that he didn't have a clue what he was in for, because this ride went way fast. He started out a little weary, but after we started going fast he was laughing. It kept going fast and maybe a little more faster, and he stopped laughing. It reversed and he was fine, no more laughing have you, but he was not crying. He didn't even act scared, just a little worried when it was going fast for so long. So, I was mega-proud of him and his first big ride.
Cory ended up taking the two boys to the hotel for a nap, but Triton never napped. Darrell (Sheri's mom's husband) was amazed at how Triton was able to stay awake for so long without a nap. Cory and the kids came back to the park at around 7:30 pm. Darrell was with them and they brought pizza, it was so good. Thanks again for the pizza Darrell and Laura. Laura is Sheri's mom. So we ate, while the boys ran around in circles around us. I told Cory that her two boys were being bad influences on Triton, because we usually have Triton right with us all of the time. She said she knew that they were bad influences, but I wasn't serious though. I was glad that Triton was able to run around with his cousins. Mason and Rocco are for sure little rascals though. Triton is an angel compared to them. They run around and scream all of the time. Triton maybe acts that way a tenth of the time that they do. There is nothing wrong with any of them though, but I admire Cory for not having pulled all of her hair out though.
A friend of ours, who had just returned from his mission a little over a year ago and married shortly thereafter is expecting his first child in April? Anyway, we were at their family's place a few weeks ago having dinner and he was telling his mom that he hopes to have a kid just like Triton! It was pretty funny and a nice compliment to the way Triton acts. This young man's
(Trevor) sister has two young ones as well that aren't anything compared to Mason and Rocco, but he gets strung out on how his little niece, who is 4, acts. So, he is in for a big surprise if his little boy or girl is half as rambunctious as Mason and Rocco. So, good luck Trevor, I love you but there is only one Triton!

No comments: