Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Begun



Well, we obviously shaved Triton's head. I knew that I would want to before he was three years of age just to see how he looked. Since I have no hair and always shave mine, why not let him see how he likes it too? It was pretty funny, he knew what we were doing because he could see his hair in the sink, but his reaction afterward was way cute. We let him look in the mirror and he was acting all shy from just looking at himself. We had him feel his head and he turned all hyper and started slapping his own head? It reminded me of that part in Fight Club where Brad Pitt shaves that one guy's head then slaps him in the back of the head and calls him a space monkey. We wouldn't have gone so short, but of course Triton's baby hair is so thin that any longer setting would have just been a huge hassle, so we went with the shortest. I still think he is cute, but we will probably wait to do it again, until he maybe wants to do it by choice.
So, it has begun, it is just past midnight and the snow is falling. I went golfing today and shot a really good back nine at Pinecrest, first time I ever shot even par on a front or a back nine at that course. It is the hardest course in town, I shoot my best round there ever, and the snow has to fly. Happens every year, when I think I might have figured something out, it is winter. The snow flies, I stare out the window all winter and know that I will have to start all over again in the spring. This year I am going to take down some notes that helped me score better toward the end of this year and hopefully start out great next year. We will still have a few more weekends of golf left, we always do, but another 5 months would be great. We are supposed to golf the last bash at Pinecrest this next Saturday. The weather is supposed to warm up and I am sure that it will melt any snow that has accumulated this week. The last bash is a fun tournament. It is a scramble, which means you all play from the best shot out of everyone. Aside from the first shot. Everyone hits and then you have to roll a die to see who's first shot from each hole is taken. Then after that you are free to use the best shot every time, but that original roll of the die is scary, depending upon if someone hit a horrible shot. My uncle Henry likes to play this tournament. I didn't really want to golf it, but he wanted to, so I agreed. Turns out he is going out of town on business and won't be back in time. I am playing with two guys that I play poker with, some guy I don't know, and hopefully I can get one of my other friends to play? One of the gentleman that I am supposed to be playing with is Bob Sinise. He is the actor Gary Sinise's father. He is a nice guy, one of the guy's that I play poker with every week.
Triton helped me take down the trampoline for the year. I asked him if he wanted to jump before we took it down, and he said "no." He helped put the springs and the elastics for the padding in a bucket, then we rolled up the trampoline and was putting it in a storage room when he said "jump?" I told him, it was too late, and hurried on to something else to get his mind off it. Usually every time we go outside he has to jump on the tramp for a bit. He acts crazy and ends up close to the edge which scares me, so I make him get off.
I suck at bowling so far this year. My yearbook average is a 205, and so far after 4 weeks I am just below a 190! I hopefully figured out something this last week to help me out. If it doesn't help at all, then I don't know what else to do? Quit maybe? I imagine once golf is for sure over for the year I will be able to focus more on bowling, but until then I just don't see it happening. Golf is fun for me, and I think I just assume that bowling will be easy, because it mostly always has. There was about 5 years that it left me, but for the past two years I was getting better? I don't know, maybe it is leaving me again?

No comments: