Thursday, October 22, 2009

6 In A Row

I guess Sheri took Triton to the Halloween shop to see if anything caught their eye as far as a costume. I had to work, so I unable to attend. I guess she tried showing him a bunch of costumes and he only wanted one. Sheri said others were way cuter and not so boring, but all he wanted was the first one that he picked out. She went grocery shopping afterwards and I guess he wanted to take his costume in the store with him. He wouldn't leave it alone, and Sheri had to open package it was in during the car ride because he wanted it so bad. It turns out it was just a simple Superman costume. Kind of funny because he hasn't even watched Superman? I will post some pictures when we have him suited up.
Uneventful weekend. I golfed in the last bash tournament and probably won't do it again. It is fun, but there is no chance that we would ever win because there has to be some amount of cheating going on? Regardless there was a chance to get drawn for prizes and a season pass for next year. I didn't get drawn for a single thing, but never do, so it wasn't that bad. The worst part is hanging around for 45 minutes or more waiting for them to tally scores so they can draw for prizes. That isn't even that bad I guess. The worst part is Henry and his drunken loudness! He just sits outside the front door of the lodge/clubhouse being a noisy drunk. It is embarrassing and I would feel bad for leaving him out there alone, so I sit with him. He probably drank a beer a hole, thus he was wasted by the time we finished golfing at 4:00. We started at 9:30am or so, and of course he was already drinking by then. I feel bad for him that alcohol has that much of a hold on him, and he has pushed away many people and family with his drinking, but he won't stop? Makes no sense to me, but to each their own I guess? As sad as it sounds, I call him unky drunky! Might sound mean to you, but he knows he is a drunk. He knows that he has pushed people away because of it, but beer means more to him than anything or anyone else! Wicked sad.
Bowling last Friday gave me hope again! I threw the ball the best I have probably thrown it in years, but didn't score that well. I would have two or three strikes in a row, then get ripped off and leave something. I averaged over a 194 for the night, but bowled way better than that. If I keep rolling the ball like that all year, then it will be simple getting my average back over 200, and hopefully bowl another three hundred? I haven't had any hope for the last 7 or more years on bowling another 300, until the first week this year. But as you have read, something didn't stick after week one! Like I said I hadn't thrown the ball that good in many years. It is possible that I hadn't thrown that good ever, so if that is the case and I don't lose it, there should be some high scores from me?
I did end up making the finals for poker again. That makes 6 straight tournaments in the finals, and if I cashed it would make 6 straight in that category as well. In the past I would always make the finals, but fall short of cashing. So, making the cash the last 5 times in a row is a miracle for me. The finals were last night, and I really didn't have any hands worth mentioning. I had pocket kings once, didn't win any chips. I was short stacked later on and had pocket aces, I didn't know that I had pocket aces, because I had to go all in. I had only looked at one card when I pushed all of my chips in the middle. Everyone folded and I looked at my other card, and found another ace. Two people were knocked out of the final 6 and then we split the money. I cashed my 6th time in a row and took home $60.00. I was second in chips with 4 of us left, but with the blinds being so high it was smarter to take the $60 instead of try to win the money outright. True, first place alone would have been $140, but there would still be a chance of making nothing.
My mom has her surgery on the 4th of November. Sheri, Triton and I are going to visit her the week afterward. We couldn't decide whether or not to go down on the 4th or the 13th. The 4th made more sense as far as being there directly after, but she might be in the hospital for more than a day or two. That isn't so bad, but we can only go for just over 4 days. She has a gentleman friend that she works with that has taken care of her during this tough time in her life. I am so grateful for what you have done for my mom, Frank. We thank you so much. Frank is going to be there to take care of her for the first few days. I then found out from Henry that grandma was planning on going down the 3rd, so that made out decision much easier to just go down the 13th. This way she is probably going to be a lot better as far as mobility and spirit. I talked to her this week and she was really down. I am hoping that her mom being there for the surgery and then her son and grandson being there the week after will lift her spirit for sure. I hated not being there for you at all mom. I would have taken your pain and suffering if I could have. It is almost over and everything is going to be fine. She did mention that she wouldn't do it again! If the cancer did come back she would just let whatever happens happen. She hated the chemo that much. I was honestly surprised that she went through it all in the first place. I never told her that, but I am obviously grateful that she did. I couldn't imagine life without you mom! Even though you live so far away, you are still doing exactly that "living." You are going to be fine, that cancer will not come back and you will live long enough to see Triton get married and have kids of his own. That is assuming I allow him to live that long!
I had talked with Henry one day about how I was surprised that my mom went through chemo in the first place. If I had cancer myself even at a young age, I don't know if I would do it! My mom isn't old by any means, she hasn't even hit the big 50 yet, I was just happy to know that she was going to go through with the cancer treatments. It gave me hope that she might move back home. It made me happy knowing that she wanted to continue living. Henry then threw in his own hypocritical thoughts on what he would do if it were to happen to him. He said that he would do it, he would go through the chemo. His reasoning behind this was that there are people that love him and would want him around. Not to sound mean or anything, but I just find that hypocritical big time! Not that there aren't people that wouldn't want him around, I for sure want him to be around for many many more years. It just doesn't make sense to me that he is killing his body with cigarettes and alcohol, pushes and pushes people who love him away because of it, but won't simply try to quit those vises today? He would be willing to try to go through chemo if he were to get cancer, because he is loved and his family and friends would want him around. He would be willing to do that, but he isn't willing to quit smoking which will easily lead to lung cancer anyway. He won't quit drinking which will ruin his liver. He won't take the precautionary steps that would prevent these horrible things from happening, but he will try to mend the broken only after it might be too late? It really makes no sense to me? It hurts seeing him treat his body this way. It hurts because my mom, did something that I never would have imagined growing up, quit smoking. She probably used to smoke some 2 - 3 packs of cigarettes a day. She never really drank that much, I only remember her being drunk growing up maybe three times? I am sure she drank more than that, but alcohol never had a hold on her like it does Henry. Heck, it is easier to remember the days that she was drunk compared to the days in the past 8 years that Henry wasn't drunk! I hate to sound so mean and unloving, but is just isn't fair! It isn't fair that my mom took steps to better her life only to get breast cancer. It isn't fair that a person who is drunk and smoking all of the time to say "I would go through chemo if I got cancer, because there are people who would want me around longer!" It isn't fair to those family members to know that they are only going to be worth living for when it is almost too late. Let's wait til I get cancer to prove that I still want to be here for them. He doesn't understand that when he is drunk 90% of the time that he isn't really here! Sure his body is there on the couch, on the golf course, at the bowling alley, but his mind isn't. My mom didn't wait until she caught something to quit her addiction to cigarettes. She quit on her own to better herself.
I am not saying that I wish Henry had cancer and my mom didn't. I am just wondering why? Why do good people who have chosen to take the proper path to healing their body have to suffer? Why should she suffer when she didn't wait until it was too late. Why does Henry get to say he will try to do what is necessary only when it is too late, instead of doing what is so much simpler right now? Why can't I endure the pain that my mom felt? Why would I want to endure the pain for Henry when that time comes for him, when he has made it apparent that we as his family members aren't worth the effort until it is too late? Simple I guess, it is love I know. I love my mom so much for going through the chemo, I love her so much for quitting smoking, I love her proving that we are worth living for today, and not tomorrow.

No comments: