Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tomorrow

My mom had her surgery this last Tuesday and she is/has been in mega-pain. She called me yesterday which was nice because I hadn't heard from her since a couple of days after her surgery. I just wanted to of course see how she was doing, but she wasn't in the mood to talk because of all the pain. Even yesterday it started out sounding like she didn't want to talk, but I think I cheered her up a bit. At least I hope I did.
This last Thursday Sheri, Triton and I went and had lunch at the Olive Garden. I don't usually like to go there because it is mega busy, plus I don't really think that their food is all that special. This time was actually pretty dang good! I was surprised and wouldn't mind going there more if in fact every meal was as good as this one was. Funny story though while we were there eating. I texted my mom's friend Frank (who has been helping take care of my mom throughout this whole endeavor) and told him we were at lunch at the Olive Garden and wanted to know if he wanted us to bring him anything. He called me instantly and asked if we were in Seattle. I just laughed and informed him that we were still in our home town, no where near Seattle. Like I would go to the Olive Garden before first seeing my mom. It was pretty funny, he is a good guy who can take a joke. Not sure if he called because he was excited that we might be there or if he did indeed want Olive Garden?
Tomorrow we get on a plane and head north to Seattle. I am hoping that Triton will be tired enough to sleep on the plane. We are flying during his normal napping hours, so there is hope. Triton is actually the kind of toddler that probably doesn't need to nap during the day. He can go and go if he is busy and has something to do. When we went to an amusement park a few months ago Triton was up from 7:30 in the morning until about 10:00 at night. He feel asleep in the car on the way to the hotel for like 20 minutes and then was up for at least another hour after that! Crazy boy can go. I can't wait to see my mom, to let her know that I am sorry for not being there for her during the most troublesome time in her life. Well, at least I would imagine that it would be the most hardest time of her life, but not sure how raising me was on her? I love you mom and will see you tomorrow. Assuming the plane doesn't crash!
So, movies that are worth watching and renting if you didn't go to the theater to see them are? None. I was told by a few people that GI Joe was good, but I didn't catch on to the appeal? Seeing one of the Wayan brothers try to act like a tough guy just wasn't believable at all! Disney/Pixar's new release of "Up" wasn't that good either! It was boring and even Triton who loves Pixar movies became bored with it his first time through. Usually he will watch a new animated movie the whole way through if we watch it with him on the normal television and not his portable DVD player. If you don't mind some crude humor "The Ugly Truth" had a few moments that were hilarious. It was just a bit too predictable to be anything other than slightly above mediocre. I haven't had a chance to rent "The Taking of Pelham 123", but I can tell you to rent that over "Up" and "GI Joe!" I had no idea that John Travolta and his wife lost their 16 year old son to autism until I read it the other day in USA Today. I couldn't imagine that pain, and hope that they can be comforted as time passes by knowing that he is in a better place. I feel for them because I couldn't imagine losing my little Triton. Even though there are times that I want to kill him myself, I couldn't imagine him not being here. Same thing with the old ball and chain (Sheri), need to kill her sometimes just because, but couldn't imagine life without her either. I love you both Sheri and Triton! I might keep Sheri around for another 5 months or so, so that she can give birth to our next child. Sheri is due in mid to late April.
Names are so freaking hard! Naming Triton was easy because I have loved that name forever. Thinking of another one for a boy or a girl is seeming impossible right now. I like the name Gamble, but Sheri has said no to that one ever since I suggested it. I was relieved that she liked the name Triton and agreed to that name before we had children. If she never agreed to that I might not have ever agreed to have kids?
My cousin Josh who was like my little brother growing up is also going to have a child. It is kind of sad, but I think I was more excited for him having a child than I was when Sheri told me that she was pregnant again. I know part of the reason is that we were trying to have another child. I wasn't that excited when Sheri first told me that she was pregnant with Triton! I am not that excitable as a person. I am calm and I don't panic in the face of danger. Not that having a child is dangerous, it is just my way of defending why I didn't get excited?
Josh went out with this girl from high school on and off and moved to Boise with her to go to college. They broke up and Josh started dating this Kim chic! Just kidding Kim. Have the funniest story about her in a minute though. Well, Kim has two children already. She has two little girls. Josh has been dating Kim for a little less than a year and I didn't know if he ever wanted to have kids, but even if he did, I imagined that he would just be a dad to her little girls and that would be that. I told him that I was so excited for him. I am excited for him because I didn't know if he wanted children and he then told me that he always wanted to have kids. I am excited for him because of the love that grows inside a person after that child is born. I have so much love for Triton that it strengthens all love for everyone. I want Josh to know of that same love. I have no doubt that he loves Kim's two little girls, but the love that will develop with a child of his own will surprise him. I am also sure that the love he feels for the two girls who aren't his own will grow more in the process as well.
I was mega scared to have a child. After Triton I didn't know if I wanted to have another. I am afraid that I might not love this next child as much as I do Triton? That is something that panics me on the inside for sure! I have asked numerous people who have more than one child if it was something they feared and it is probably 50/50. I didn't love Triton first off! It wasn't like the movies and how people say that they fell in love the instant the doctor placed the baby in their arms. I knew that I would grow to love him, but after that first night of numbness I was so scared that I might not. I thought that there was something the matter with me, maybe I was heartless? However, after a couple of weeks, I knew that I loved Triton. After months and now a couple of years I can't imagine people in the world who might never experience that love. I feel sorry for them. I am sure that was the reason I was so excited when Josh told me that they were pregnant. I am excited for him to gain that love and experience for himself.
Okay so funny story, can't remember if I already told it and I am too lazy to go back and read through to see if I had, but it is a story worth hearing twice. I was able to meet Kim for the first time when she traveled to Las Vegas for our National Bowling Tournament with Josh. Her two girls didn't make the trip and I am sad to say I still haven't met them. I did see Kim for the second time on the golf course. Josh, Her and the girls came down for a weekend and Josh went golfing with us one weekend. Kim rode with Josh in the golf Cart. I walked up to her and said "Oh my gosh, you really are Josh's girlfriend!" She looked at me all confused and that was when I followed that statement with this, I said "I wasn't sure if Josh just rented a hooker while he was in Vegas!" She didn't take me seriously and knew that I was joking, but it was still funny. Kim is due a couple of weeks after Sheri, and they are thinking of moving from their city to ours. That would be cool, but I don't have my hopes that high until it is a for sure plan. I would be happy to see him a lot more though. I have loved Josh forever, and still kinda do!

No comments: