Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bowling, not good...

Well, no 300 for me, high game was a 226 and averaged 190. Saturday I awoke just before my alarm. Of course I thought that I had slept in since I didn't wake up from the alarm itself, gotta love that feeling. I laid there, hadn't checked to see what time it was and a minute later the alarm chirped. I get ready, drive over and pick up Mikey J, and we are on the road by 6:15. It had snowed a bunch the day before and I was a bit worried about the roads. They were actually dry and we were able to maintain the speed limit until just about 30 miles before Burley. Then the roads were nothing but ice for maybe 10 of those remaining 30 miles. Speed dropped to 50 at times, and I thought I might have felt the car slide just a bit this one time, but I wasn't a hundred percent sure. We arrived at the bowling alley at about 8:15 and our other teammates pulled in just about 5 to 10 minutes later. Barbara (Uncle Henry's wife) asked if we had seen the wreck? Puzzled, I responded negatively. Come to find out there was a rollover that had happened with that little 5 to 10 minutes of time that we were ahead of them on the road! More scary! Mike gave me a little tap on the shoulder and issued his gratitude for delivering him to our destination safely.
So, back to the bowling. It was the worse lane conditions I can honestly say I have ever bowled on. It was as if they didn't even want to make the shot challenging like you see on TV. They just didn't put out a shot at all? There was no oil on the lanes at all. Obviously I am not going to be cashing a check from state. We drove back after finishing our 9 games (3 games for team, 3 games for doubles, and 3 more for singles) and arrived at home about 7:00pm.
Sunday, I decided to go golfing since Henry had a tee time. I have only been able to go once this year, so I jumped at the opportunity. I golfed like crap, couldn't really drive the ball all that well, and for sure couldn't putt, scored an 86 with 3 birdies and took $2.00 from Henry. I felt bad, beating him all but 3 of the 18 holes, because I guess he was sick the night before. After returning home from state championships, I guess Henry was throwing up. He thought that it was either food poisoning or the flu. I doubt that it was food poisoning, because we ate at Burger King and I had the same thing he had, but you never know I guess. I almost had my first ever eagle on number 9 at Sage Lakes, just didn't hit the putt hard enough and it stopped about 2 inches short of the hole, center cup! I felt like Phil Mickelson, because I had 5 three putts. The first putt on each of the 5 holes was longer than 5 feet, so I didn't mimic Phil in his exact style.
Okay, my turn to retaliate from my wife's one and only blog. Okay no retaliation, just an enhancement on the whole reading thing and my college English teacher's remarks. That is a funny story, and I am glad that Sheri brought it up so I can document it. I haven't finished college or anything like that, and didn't attend for many years after high school. When finally going back, I of course was scared of finding out that I was retarded. I am retarded, but that is besides the point. So, it was mid terms and in our English class, we had to meet with the professor one on one and talk with her about any concerns and find out how we were doing. I was doing well, either an A- or a B+, can't remember exactly. I do remember the meeting with the professor though. She wasn't concerned with my performance at all and gave me grade up to date, and that was all she basically had to say to me. She did ask me if I had any concerns or questions. I explained to her that I didn't know how to write! She had a bewildered look on her face and questioned my statement. I informed her that I didn't know how a sentence was formed, as many of you reading my blog can probably see. I told her that I understood basically what a verb is and maybe the subject of any given sentence, but I didn't understand anything else. I still don't understand and she wasn't any help at all. I mean, I go to college to hopefully learn something, and when I am thinking that I might learn something, I receive no help at all. She responded to my concern with the best statement/question ever. She says "you write so well, I don't understand how it can be that you don't understand anything, you must read a lot huh"? At the time, I might have read maybe a dozen books in my lifetime. I agreed with her, and she sent me on my way telling me it really doesn't matter if I didn't know anything as long as I keep writing the way I do! Sad, huh? I haven't read that many more books, since, but I do read a lot. I read a few blogs online. I read poker books/magazines, and other such periodicals, so it isn't like I can't read or don't want to. As a matter of fact about a year ago, my mom asked me if I had gone to the theater and seen The Ruins. I informed her that I hadn't and asked her why. She said that she had read the book and it was one of the most scary/gross books that she had ever read. My mom doesn't like gore at all, but like me relishes scary movies and books. The movie wasn't due out for video release for like another three weeks, so I drove to Barnes and Nobles to purchase the book. I read it within a week, so there, it isn't like I can't read. About the book and the movie, the book was of course better than the movie, but both sucked. I knew, while reading, the parts that grossed my mom out, but to me they were lame. I am pretty much immune to gore because of watching Saw and other such films. Had to tell my mom that she was a wanny after I read the book. She did finally watch the movie and said that it too was pretty gross, but nothing like the book. Thus, don't waste your time with either.
We took Triton swimming tonight and he was being a brat. He has been whining a lot lately if he doesn't get what he wants. He was cute though and actually started kicking his feet on his own for the first time.

No comments: