Saturday, April 4, 2009

Sheri "talking"


I guess it is about time I write something. The main reason I haven't written before is that Jason does such a good job with the blog and has time at work late at night to write. He had a college professor say to him, "You write really well, you must read a lot." To anyone who knows Jason very well might laugh at that, like we both did when he told me what the professor said, because he reads very little. Not that that is a bad thing. It just made us both laugh. He did very well in that class. He just has this way with writing. One of the talents he was blessed with. I think another reason he writes well is that he isn't a big talker unless you know him really well and even then at times he is quiet. His has always preferred to write when he can instead of talk.


One of the reasons I decided to write now is that for the second time since Jason started this blog he told something not exactly right that made me thing I should write to correct it if you will. It isn't actually a correction just that no two people are going to tell a story the exact same way. I don't remember what the first instance was but the second was in the spider story. He did a pretty good job telling the story for someone who wasn't there. It didn't happen exactly like that but you get the idea. There was one thing I felt I needed to rectify if you will. It is true that I hate spiders, but not all of them. Jumping spiders for example I have no problem with. I don't want them killed inside or outside the house because I have been told they aren't harmful to people yet are an enemy to the Hobo. It is just the know dangerous spiders that I despise and am fearful of, and the scary looking ones that I don't know if they are dangerous. I still wouldn't purposely touch any spider, but there are some I wouldn't freak out about if they happened to touch me or see them around.


On a different topic we are going to schedule Triton to see the speech therapist that his Doctor told us about. We waited because his doctor gave us the referral early as the wait time to get in can be long. And he had 6 months to make more progress from that appointment with the doctor. One of the things that could be a factor is that Triton isn't around other kids very often. Jason is able to watch him during the day. Which we felt had more advantages and why not if Jason is home anyway. He is saying a few more words than the last time Jason wrote about this topic, but he doesn't quite finish off pronouncing them. He is smart though, at least it seems like he is to us considering he isn't talking much and not saying any three word sentences. But he is our first and only child so we don't have anything to compare it to, so maybe other kids his age can talk and do these other things that make us feel he is smart. For instance he understands a lot of things that we say to him like, you need to go and put that back in the cupboard. That isn't the best example, but all I can't think of a better one right now. He also recognizes pictures of some animals. When reading a book and we turn to a page that has a dog or bird I will ask him where the animal is and he will point to it on his own. We aren't worried that he won't figure it out, he is just taking his time with it that is for sure and may need a little boost.

In other Triton news, he has been whining, fussing and crying a lot the last three evenings. The picture above is a little snipet of that. Not sure what is going on with him, but I am having one of those parent moments of this needs to end. Part of it may be that his eye teeth are coming in. They broke thru at least a week ago, but they may just be tender right now?? He will be two in June so maybe it is just the onset of the terrible twos as the saying goes. One thing he does that is way cute, is when he says, "No, no, no" as he shakes his finger. I know at some point this will change, but for now it makes me smile every time he says it.

I think he is ready for winter and cold weather to be over; as are a lot of people in this area. He loves playing outside and when a lot of the snow melted he started trying to get to the front yard. And the few days he got to play outside so far has definitely fueled that desire. The weather for next week looks promising right now. I am crossing my fingers.


Well that's all for now. Not sure when I will write again, but you can count on hearing from Jason soon.

No comments: