Thursday, April 9, 2009

Escape From The House

The sun has finally melted just about all the winter snow in the valley. Triton has been trapped indoors all winter. This crazy spring weather has only allowed him 1 or 2 days outside for a short amount of time. Monday I decided while Triton was taking a nap that I would setup the trampoline. He had never been on a trampoline, so I was quite stoked to see his reaction. After he woke up from his nap I fed him like always and then dressed him to play outside. I setup the tramp and moved it to the back of the house where the sun won't beat down on it very much and hopefully where the neighborhood kids won't have enough guts to try to kill themselves on it. I knew that Triton would walk around the side of the house and I wanted get his reaction on film. He knows that there is still a bit of snow in the back yard, thus he would have to walk right by the trampoline to get there. I captured the little scenario on film, but he didn't even care about the trampoline? He saw it and walked right on past it, on his way to the snow. We still have a small pile of snow where the garage roof was shoveled off and the sun hasn't melted it all. He uses the pile of snow as a tee for his golf balls and tries to hit them with his golf clubs. I was disappointed that he paid the trampoline no attention, so I figured that if I showed him what it did then he would be excited to do it as well. I jumped a few times, but he made no sort of acknowledgement that he wanted to do the same. I then placed him on top of the trampoline, he wanted to take his golf club up with him, but I only allowed the golf ball to go with him. He played on it for only about a minute and decided that the snow was more fun. The video above was probably his third time playing on it. He thought that he was way cool or something, because just before this video when the camera wasn't on, he was half jumping/walking and then strutted over to me to give me a high five. We call it slapping hands. He will respond to that saying more than gimme 5. So, he does his little cool thing and slaps hands with me. I turned the camera on in hopes that he would do it again, and he did. He also gave the camera a kiss and if you can turn up the video loud enough he says "ah oh, spaghettios". He has only been saying "Ah Oh" for the past two weeks, so I became sick of hearing that a million times a day, so I started adding on the Spaghettios in hopes that he would learn more words and stop with the one saying. He did pickup on it, but of course cannot pronounce it, but it is way cute nonetheless.

Watched three movies this week, The Day The Earth Stood Still, Bedtime Stories and Yes Man. All were okay and rentable if you had the desire to do so? Bedtime Stories and Yes Man are classic Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey movies. Nothing special, but for sure not horrible either. Out of a ten I would rate them a 6. The Day The Earth Stood Still was better than I thought, because I had heard it sucked, but it too wasn't that bad. Somewhat short in length with the story line and content, but it wasn't terrible. It too is probably a 6. Triton really like Bedtime stories though. He usually only watches Little Einsteins or Sesame Street for more than 10 minutes at a time, but he watched probably the first 40 minutes of Bedtime Stories with me, gave up and became a bit fussy and finished watching the last 20 minutes again with me. So, Triton probably gave it an 8?

No comments: