Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Saving For The X-Games


Triton has been able to walk by himself without wabbling since he was ten months old. This
4-wheeler was his one year birthday gift from Sheri and I. His first time riding it, he pushed the button to go and held on to the handle bars. He must have been content only moving an inch or so at a time, because he wouldn't hold the button down but for a second. He resembled a bobble head pushing the button and letting it go, it was way cute. He still doesn't understand the concept of steering, maybe he inherited that from his mom, but he rides until something or someone stops him. He has no forward progress in the picture here, but it is apparent that he will be doing that next. He has put his feet up on the handlebars while sitting there too, as if he is doing a heel click or the lazy-boy in the X-Games.

Okay the piggy bank picture isn't for the X-Games. I was forcing myself to put two quarters into his piggy bank for every F-Bomb I dropped while golfing this year. During the 2007 season of golf I wasn't happy with the choice words that golf was forcing me to say. Yeah right, as if golf's fault right? Exactly, it was not being able to contain my frustration. I was letting anger control my thoughts and actions (words). I started out the year early dropping $1.00 into the bank after my first two times out. Bravo, way to gain that control! We started the 2008 season just at the end of March and our last round this year was November 30th, and I was forced to pay a whopping total on the whole year of $2.00. Much better than the year before, had I the same rule in the 07 season I would have had to pay more than that $2.00 in a one hole stretch.
One might ask why there is more than $2.00 in plain site here? Whenver I had any quarters in my pocket I was throwing them in here and there. I have a coin bank for myself that contains nickels and dimes, while Triton has claim to the quarters. I attended a poker game last Wednesday night, just a low stakes game, so I took my own coin bank. I noticed upon arrival that my bank contained quarters? I didn't remember putting quarters in my own bank, so I broke out mine and Triton's coin banks the next day to seperate the quarters from everything else. It turned out that there was almost $28.00 in quarters, so I showed Triton where the hole in the piggy bank was, and off he went. Of that $28.00 or so Triton placed one by one all but $5.00 or so. He did way good, I became a little bored and finished the job for him, but it was something that he enoyed.
Off the subject of the above, yesterday was Triton's first exposure to Pop Rocks, you remember the candy? I had received three of the little cool-aid sized pouches of Pop Rocks in a gift bag from my work for Xmas. Triton found the bag yesterday on the table and I thought it would be fun to see how he would react to the Pop Rocks. I first placed some in my mouth to show him what to expect and then it was his turn. It didn't phase him a single bit, no weird look, no spitting, nothing! It was a disappointment, but figured I would share his first experience with them anyway.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You are a really good writer! Really cute pictures and stories! Good job on kicking the "F-bomb" habit! :) Very funny!