Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Spoiled



Well, the white Christmas is over. The morning began at 7:00, Triton slept until 7:30 so we were able to shower and prepare for the day before his early morning necessities. He needs changed and fed first thing most mornings or he can start to be crabby boy. Sheri fed him cereal while I was loading the car to go to her grandmother's and her father's house in the morning. Between the two of them they managed to spill the cereal on the floor, we were already running late and still had my own mother's gifts to open. She had left a couple of gifts down here when she visited in September and had sent Triton his own box of presents that arrived a couple of weeks earlier. He finished eating what he was going to after Sheri refilled his bowl, and the festivities began. He pretty much opened all of his presents on his own throughout the day. My mother sent this church outfit that is the cutest. Maybe we can post a pic when he wears it for the first time. She sent more clothes, which was good because we hadn't done laundry all week and he was running low, so he wore one of her outfits that she sent. Thanks grandma for everything. She also has more stuff on the way for him as well.

We were able to hit the road to Rigby just about 8:00, that is when we were supposed to be at Sheri's grandma's. The roads were pretty bad, and I don't think that we were able to go any faster than 40 mph. I hope that we didn't make everyone mad by being a few minutes late. We exchanged gifts, ate breakfast and all the while it kept snowing. The roads worsened and upon trying to depart, I say trying because Sheri's dad (Rick) had to push us out the drive, I turned the wrong way onto the road to make sure there wasn't any oncoming traffic. Had I turned the correct way we could have returned to the highway (20) some two minutes later and driven the rest of the way to Rigby and to Sheri's dad's. Instead we had to drive the back way into town and the back roads were horrible. I wasn't even able to find a spot to turn around to head back to the higway, not even the church parking lot, it too was probably too much for Sheri's car. Sheri's car is a 2008 Pontiac Vibe, it has a bit more room than my car (2000 Sunfire), so we drove her car that morning. Knowing that we would need the room with all of our gifts, most hopefully being Triton's. I don't know how her car made it to her dad's but it did.

Christmas was great at both Sheri's grandma's (Betty number 1 as we call her, because Rick's wife also has the same name) and her father's. Rick and Betty (Sheri's stepmother) always have a huge gathering and a million presents. It was the first year that I didn't have to work on Christmas in probably 5 years, so we didn't have to leave early which was nice. In years past it was like, well thanks for the gifts, see you later. I can't really remember what Triton received from anyone, because I feel more spoiled than him this year. Maybe Sheri can post what all was given to him, but with me being spoiled I can't remember. Thanks to all of you for once again, I am not worth it by any means, but I guess from giving you such a cute grandson/great grandson, I can see why I might be worth it! Okay just kidding, but seriously, you all gave so much I want you to know that I am so grateful and don't take any of it for granted. (So you can't take anything for granted) < Movie quote, can anyone besides Sheri guess this one?

One wicked cute thing that Triton was given from Brooke's family was the jacket that he is wearing in the picture above. I think that it is way cute. Thanks to their family for that and the jacket that was also given to me. Thank to Jamie for also installing our doors two years ago. I still owe him something for that. Maybe some bowling lessons? Just kidding, he is a better bowler than most.

We ate lunch and left shortly thereafter sometime around 3:00, Triton hadn't napped and was the crankiest of boys. He postponed the rest of the day, because we were forced to return home and let him nap. Highway 20 was mostly cleared off, which was a blessing, because earlier that morning it was nasty and with it snowing all day I figured it would be worse. All the drivers must have cleared it off. Our driveway was filled with the snow and Sheri's car finally decided to give up the fight, it buried itself some 25 feet from it's normal sleeping chamber. I put Triton in his crib for his nap and Sheri was already outside shoveling the snow to help us get the car out. We were finally able to pull the car up to the garage and I figured that we might be able to take it to my dad's and then her mom's, but decided to see how my car would do instead. I dug just a bit around it before starting it to see if it would move after being snowed on all day. It of course started right up, it has a new battery, but it was the moment of truth as I shifted to drive. It wasn't a problem at all. I pull right out and drive down the long part of our driveway that hadn't been shoveled and nothing, no problems at all. I pulled Sheri's car into the garage and said good riddance for the night. I don't know why Sheri's car was such a piece when it came to the snow, but my Sunfire had no problems what so ever. I thought that it might have just been her car, but my cousin Josh who spent that night with us, also managed to get his car stuck when he pulled in around 10:00 that night. He was driving a new Scion, nice car, but pretty gutless in the snow!

Triton was able to get in a bit over an hour nap, and we were off to Sheri's mother's. He was fussy just at first, but I figured he would liven up after a bit. Thank goodness he did. He usually starts getting tired around 8:00 (his bedtime), but even after being at my dad's until just after 9:00 he was still fine, I was surprised and grateful. My dad has long hair and a beard, and Triton is somewhat afraid of him, but he was pretty good that night. Thanks to Laura (Sheri's mom) and Darrell (stepfather) for gift. Yet another reason why I felt more spoiled than my own son! Thanks to the Deitz grandparents as well.

Thanks to my own dad and stepmom Dena. It was fun visiting with you, and hope that we can do it more often. Congrats to Zack (my half-brother) on his engagement. Thanks to my mom who I hope had a good Christmas even though she had to work and was away from us, in her home of Seattle. I love you all and hope that you have a Happy New Year.

No comments: