Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Xmas in Iraq

Stockings from the Red Cross for the troops who are serving in Iraq are pictured here. I hope that wasn't the only thing that my cousin Brandon received on Christmas? I didn't send him a thing, what a great cousin he has. He isn't able to be with his family like I am and I still don't send him a thing? I am sorry Brandon, tell me where to send something and I will ASAP.

Brandon is the only cousin that I have that is the same age as me. He is my father's brother (Paul's) son. Brandon and I were never able to be around each other for very long, he was always living in far away places. I know that they lived east for awhile, but for the most part he lived in Hawaii. Him and I were in a little argument/fight when we were probably 12 years old, and that is probably the same time that I hadn't talked to my father for like 6 years, so we dropped way out of touch. I mended things between my father and I, but still hadn't heard from Brandon. He was living in Hawaii and thus I wasn't able to see him. I asked about him here and there, and always hoped and wondered if he was doing well. He was a lost soul and after graduating, he decided to enlist in the Marines. I was able to hang out with him for a week or two before his departure date.

We were able to settle our petty adolenscent differences and have been close ever since. We admire each other greatly and know that we have been in each other's hearts for many years. Always hoping and wondering about the other even after a little fight and so many miles apart. I had hoped that he would drop out of the Marines and come to live in Idaho with his cousin, but I don't think this is the place for him. He dropped out for awhile after serving some 8 or so years, I think he did it for a girl. He is now married to this girl, and must have realized that he would be able to provide for her better during these tough economic times, by reinlisting and just serving out his years as a Marine and retire after some 20 years. He will of course work after his full term, but he will have retirement on top of that. I am proud of him for his decision, even though I worry about him and wish that he was safe and making a living for his wife while being with her.
They are pictured here, her name is Toni? Well, she goes by Toni, I have only been told her real name once and can't remember how to say it or spell it? This is just before they were married in 2006. No children as of yet, but hopefully that will change once she is graduated from school. I have never met her, but hopefully will be able to in a few months when he returns from Iraq and has some leave. She is living in Florida where they were living together before he reinlisted. Here are a few more pics of my busy cousin and his few extra moments of down time that he takes full advantage of.
I love you and miss you much Brandon, be safe my brother.

No comments: